What is the Blueprint AmeriCorps Math Fellow?
Our Blueprint AmeriCorps Math Fellows provide intensive, daily math instruction in small groups during the school day to support the academic and personal growth of their students. As a Math Fellow you will receive ongoing training and support from your Site Managers through whole group professional development, collaborative lesson planning, and one-on-one coaching sessions.
Join the Blueprint Schools Network Team
As an AmeriCorps Member, you are part of a transformative movement that is reshaping lives and communities across the United States. Your service is a testament to the power of compassion, resilience, and dedication!
As an AmeriCorps member, you have the unique opportunity to serve and gain invaluable personal and professional growth. You will:
- Serve with Purpose: As an AmeriCorps member, you will embark on a meaningful journey where service is at the heart of everything you do. You’ll collaborate with diverse teams, engage with students to provide equitable math education opportunities and change life outcomes!
- Skill Development: Being an AmeriCorps member is not just about giving back; it’s also an opportunity for personal and professional development. Throughout your service, you’ll gain a multitude of transferable skills that will serve you well in future endeavors.
- Building Lifelong Connections: One of the greatest assets of being an AmeriCorps member is the network of passionate individuals you’ll meet along the way. You’ll forge deep connections with fellow members, community partners, and mentors who share your commitment to service. These connections can open doors to new opportunities as well as creating lifelong friendships.
- Professional Advancement: AmeriCorps offers a springboard for personal and professional growth. Through ongoing training, professional development workshops, and mentorship programs, you'll have access to resources that nurture your talents and help you thrive. Additionally, many AmeriCorps alumni enjoy access to scholarships, educational awards, and preferential hiring opportunities in recognition of their service.
- Immersion in Communities: One of the most rewarding aspects of being an AmeriCorps member is the chance to immerse yourself in diverse communities. You'll have the opportunity to experience the rich tapestry of cultures, traditions, and perspectives that make up the fabric of our nation. This exposure fosters empathy, broadens your horizons, and deepens your understanding of the complex issues facing different communities.
Why Choose Blueprint
As a Blueprint AmeriCorps Math Fellow you are going to be making an impact where you are needed most. Fellows work directly with small groups of students to deliver high-quality math tutoring and build trusting relationships. You will be sharing much more than math content. You will be providing mentorship and changing lives!
As a learning organization, we provide professional learning opportunities and on-going support. You will be trained in the Blueprint approach before you begin working with students. As you have the opportunity to work with small groups, you will implement the things you are learning - teaching strategies, classroom management strategies, relationship building with students, and math.
AmeriCorps Living Stipend
Health & Wellness
Tutor to Teacher Career Pathway Opportunities
Ready to make an impact where you are needed?
Initial Phone Interview
Regional Team Interview
Conditional Offer of Employment, Background Screening & References
Onboarding and Training: Begin making your impact!
What Our Fellows Say
“Whether or not you decide to go into teaching next year, [the Fellowship] teaches valuable skills such as trauma informed communication, organization/planning, professionalism, and many other leadership skills that are transferable in a lot of other positions.”
Blueprint Alum - DC
“The part of the mission [that I most connect with] is the part where we promote educational equity. I believe that every child is entitled to help and resources to help them in their educational journey, especially in math.”
Blueprint Alum - DC
“My greatest accomplishment has been the bonds that I have formed with the students this year. I have built a genuine connection with 90% of the students that I interact with and have even become a confidant for a few of my students.”
Blueprint Alum - Nashville
“Excellent support system, great coaching, and overall a great experience to grow as a student-leader.”
Blueprint Alum - Commerce City